Being a Mom Card holder for more than a year now, I was given an early pass for the second year of the Baby Company Grand Baby Fair (GBF) on Jan. 26, 2011 at the SM Megamall Megatrade Halls 2 & 3.
I learned from the email I got that the doors will be opened at 1PM (to give some considerations to the exhibitors as they set-up their respective booth), it was adjusted to an hour later. Though it was 1 hour delayed than scheduled, the good thing about it was that the shoppers patiently waited and fell in line. I also had a nice time chatting with an expectant mom while waiting. Shame on me, I didn’t get her name! :p
I intentionally went to the GBF early to avoid the crowd (and the long lines at the counter). Good thing, I didn’t get disappointed because there were only a few shoppers then. Most booths were already on business, selling their stuff from as low as 10-70% off!
I advise you all moms and dads out there to set a shopping budget limit because it was so tempting to buy a lot! Also, I recommend bringing your “must-have” list before you go to avoid impulsive buying. With all the discounts they offer, I am sure your budget will find room for your “nice-to-haves.”
So what did I end up buying at the GBF? Let’s take a rundown.
1. 1 pink Mickey Mouse Storage Box from Baby Company sold at PhP100.00. Now, I am using it to store Noa’s toys.
2. Huggies Dry Comfort Diapers Jumbo Pack (L). Buy 1 Take 1 at PhP629.00. The next best nappy for Noa after Drypers. Though I still wonder why there is no Drypers diaper being sold in SM Malls. Please sell them, too?!
3. Charlie Banana Swim Diaper and Trainer Pants (L) sold at Php590.00. Getting ready for some summer lovin’ in 2 months time. 🙂
4. Nivea Baby Milk Bath PhP 152.00 and Soft & Care Baby Wipes at PhP135.00. I just love them!
5. Mommy Talk book by Mommy Maricel Laxa-Pangilinan at PhP250.00. I will go back to have this signed!
6. Sesame Street Bottle Storage & Drying Rack at PhP300.00. This is my favorite! My husband and I have been going here and there looking for something like this storage/rack. It is actually 3 pieces.
7. Baby Bibs sold at PhP110.00 each. I love the statement bid I got which says, “That’s it! I’m going to Grandma’s…”
8. Baby Ball (not in photo) at PhP70.00 since I noticed that Noa likes to play ball now so I got one for her.
I also have to tell that I super love the friendly staff and the 10 counters that they have. I didn’t get fussy waiting because some of their staff actually guided me to the next available counter and even had some chitchat with me. It was such a pleasant experience!
After paying, I was told by the cashier that I could already claim my swag bag on one of the booths on the left side before the exit door. I got all these at no extra charge! Indeed, a swag bag that has more freebies than flyer!
These are the looties from their generous sponsors like Pampers, Philips Avent, Farlin, Playtex, Smart Parenting, Ainon, Celeteque, Smart Steps, Huggies, Lactacyd, Oilatum, St. Patrick Baby, Mimiflo, Johnson & Johnson, Looney Tunes, Charlie Banana, etc. They are all inside a purple canvass bag, really nice! I won’t be detailing it as much so just take a look at my picture! 🙂
You can get this Swag Bag for free for a minimum purchase of PhP2,000.00 (single receipt). Also, if you’re a Mom Card holder like me, you can also get a free mobile phone organizer. I got the pink one! 🙂
Last night, I became one of their lucky Twitter followers so I won a gift pack courtesy of Tiny Buds! Perhaps I can drop by again today to get my prize and to have my book signed by Mommy Maricel! 🙂
Follow them now on Twitter: Baby Company. 🙂
Also, they have a Facebook page. Give them your thumbs up! https://www.facebook.com/babycompanyph
The Baby Company Grand Baby Fair officially opens today, Jan. 27-29, 2012. Doors open at 10:00AM. So what are you waiting for, rush now if you’re not pregnant (and just walk if you are!) 😉
Happy Shopping to all the Moms and Dads out there!