A list of things to do before you die. Comes from the term “kicked the bucket”. (www.urbandictionary.com)
I realized that I haven’t really written down all the thing I want to accomplish in this lifetime. I was able to watch the 2007 movie by Morgan Freeman, carrying the same title as of this blog entry. Let me attempt to list down my heart’s desires.
1. Marry the right person in church and stay with the same person all my life. Tough one huh? I have faith that Nowel’s the right one for me, the cliche goes, “soulmate, heaven-sent, etc.”
- This one got checked out on 24 Sept 2010. 🙂
2. Be a Mom. They say this is the essence of being a woman. I’ve always wanted to be a hands-on mom. Prayerfully, I want to have twins, or maybe a son for my firstborn.
- Check in 04 July 2011 when I became a mom to Noa
3. Visit Disneyland. This has been my childhood fantasy. 🙂
4. Drive my own car. I can drive, but my father does not allow me to drive our family car for some reasons. Maybe someday, I can hold the steering wheel around downtown.
5. Write a book about Christian women as wife and mom, in the context of military. I have always admired the strength of women married to someone in uniform. Most of the time, they even act like a single mom because of deployment. I want this to become a self-help book to serve as inspiration, and of course to talk about the goodness of God.
6. Found an organization for military wives and their children, most esp. for those who lost their husbands/fathers/brothers for peace’s cause.
7. Get a chance to speak before a crowd of military wives. 🙂
8. Secure a happy retirement for my parents by helping out in providing for their needs as they age. To see my siblings finish school and be successful in both career and personal life.
9. Have a real library. I have lots of books now and I desire to fill it in with more books to pass on to my children and grandchildren.
10. Visit the Philippines beautiful places, specifically, Tubbattaha Reef, Bohol, Cebu, Palawan, Camiguin, etc. After this, let’s go Europe! 🙂
- Cebu (2011) and Palawan (2010) checked! 🙂
11. Participate in an advocacy against animal cruelty, most especially, dogs.
12. Travel abroad with my whole family. As to where? Maybe to visit my father’s family in the States, so we can also see my uncle, cousin and grandparents’ tomb.
13. Learn something about photography.
14. Set-up a school together with my sister. I want to develop a curriculum for military children, imparting the value of nationalism.
15. Die a happy death, free from physical and emotional pain. Please cremate me, I don’t want people to be anxious about what make-up and clothes to wear on me when I die. I’d like to leave a legacy of gratefulness and love for all the people I truly value.
16. Set up a recreation camp most esp. for military families as they go for some RNR. 🙂
17. See my children fulfil their own bucket list. 🙂