Around this time last year, I was so busy looking for some baby-must-haves on the Internet. Now that I have my little Noa, let me share with you my “hits and miss” when it comes to the several baby products in the market.
No one paid me to do this review and I would be citing my first-hand experience as a young mom in this entry. Please check on my DISCLOSURE POLICY.
Let me do a rundown per category. In this blog post, I will start with feeding.
1. PHILIPS AVENT NEWBORN STARTER SET (HONEYTINT)
- I got this for 50% off when I bought this at the Baby Company in SM City Marikina. Includes:
The Hit: One of my best buys! I exclusively breastfed Noa for almost 9 months. When I introduced the Philips Avent bottles to her, fortunately, she had no nipple confusion! I love everything in this set, especially the bottle brush. We are using the brush until now in cleaning up her feeding paraphernalia and it is still as good as the first day we used it! All of Noa’s Philips Avent Bottles are in Honeytint. Aside from the bottle color, you can tell its difference from the other Philips Avent Bottles by the absence of a ring adapter in honeytint ones.
The Miss: I am looking for a new baby closet to care for the pacifier. I attempted to let her try a dummy (pacifier) but she would just spit it out. I’m proud to say that Noa’s infancy (at least for now) is a dummy-free one! (That’s a HIT for me!)
2. LOONEY TUNES MULTI-PURPOSE RAPID ELECTRONIC STEAM STERILIZER
- I got this from the Baby Company, SM Megamall for around PHP1,500.00 less 20%. I can still remember Mommy Leslie Villanueva’s (mom of 4 cute boys) recommendation of this sterilizer.This can fit up to 5 Philips Avent wide-neck 9oz bottles and 6 4oz ones. You can click on the photo for a closer look.
The Hit: Thank God I listened to her! This is very durable and it won’t eat up your savings! It already comes with bottle and food warmer. Its quality is superb! We have the white one. You can even cook hard-boiled eggs with this one! 🙂
The Miss: I wish this comes with the bottle dryer! The manufacturer has now launched a new electric steam sterilizer with a dryer! Better get that one if you won’t be needing the bottle and food warmer.
Highly Recommended: Try out this sterilizer. This is the one with Dryer. You won’t be needing a bottle rack anymore if you have this. Just in case my current sterilizer gets busted (hopefully not), I will surely get this one. This is the edge of the Looney Tunes Electric Steam Sterilizer over any other sterilizers in the market today.
Baby Company carries this kind of sterilizer. 😉
3. PHILIPS AVENT TODDLER FEEDING SET
- I got it from the LJS Bodega Sale in December 2011 for 20% off the original price. It comes with the following:
Divider Plate / Feeding Bowl / Small Size Bowl / Baby’s First Spoon & Fork
The Hit: (for 6 months and up) Since Noa is only 7 months old as of writing this entry, she has only made use of the bowl and the spoon for her first solids. So far, so good. She loves the very soft spoon and the bowl. The sticker/design is still intact.
The Miss: Some of my mommy-friends told me that the sticker/design in the bowl can be easily removed after several use. Then again, this could be a miss for you and your baby.
4. MUNCHKIN FRESH FOOD FEEDER
- I got this for PHP 289.75 in Rustan’s Department Store in Gateway Mall. We have the orange and pink feeder. 🙂
The Hit: (for 6 months and up) My daughter enjoys her fresh fruits with this food feeder! This would prevent your child from choking with big chunks of fruits/vegetables during feeding time.
The Miss: I am noticing a little stain in the mesh. I wish the mesh is replaceable. Please comment if it is and tell me where to get the spare mesh for replacement.
5. PHILIPS AVENT VIA CUPS
- I got a lot from attending the Philips Avent events, mommy expos and bazaars. I purchased one in the Primer Bodega Sale for around PHP800.00 (10 via cups, 10 lids, 2 adapter)
The Hit: Versatility! We make use of it in storing Noa’s baby foods, snacks (puffs), even unused teats. This is definitely leak-proof and BPA-free! During Noa’s first few months, she drank breastmilk in Philips Avent Via Cups. I will make a separate post on that.
The Miss: Sometimes, I find it too thin and I had one Via Cup with a stain that couldn’t be removed.
That concludes our Top 5 must-haves when it comes to feeding. I will update this as soon as Noa is into cup-feeding. Please check back for the continuation of this review. Ciao! 🙂