Exactly 3 months ago when my daughter Noa started her solid food feeding journey. As a first time mom, I was greatly helped by my pedia as to the do’s and don’ts in giving my daughter her first set of foods. If there are just a few words I can think of in terms of choosing the right foods for her, it would be: the natural, the better.
If there’s one store I highly recommend to cater our need for organic baby food, it would be Healthy Options.
Together with a good mommy-friend / blogger, Soldier Mom, we visited the Healthy Options branch in Shangril-la Plaza Mall towards the end of January. I really had fun shopping with her! She was even kind enough to share with Noa some of the prizes she got from the Healthy Options contest last December 2011.
So far the one in Shangri-la is one of the best Healthy Options outlets I’ve visited. It has so many choices, well-stacked, and they have accommodating and well-versed sales representatives.
Here are some of the brands you can find for your baby’s feeding needs:
There is surely a product in Healthy Options for each member of the family. As what I’ve told you, I always run to this store to get my daughter’s favorite foods. One of them is the melt-in-baby’s-mouth
- HappyBaby Organic Puffs.
Noa has almost tried all the HappyBaby Puffs varieties. The first variant that she tried was Banana. I’m confident to say that it was “love at first taste” for her since she can finish the whole container for 2 weeks. Now, she’s finishing up her Happy Baby Organic Puffs in Apple.
I have no worry since the HappyBaby Puffs has our pedia’s clearance. The packaging label also has the following claims:
- Always Organic: Never any artificial colors or flavorings. Sweetened with 100% fruit juice. Our puffs are made with organic whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
- Fortified with Vitamins & Minerals: Enriched with 40 IUs (10%) of your baby’s daily value of Vitamin D based on the latest recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Best Value: Our containers hold 40% more product than the leading brands.
- Green Packaging: This container is BPA-free. PVC free, & recyclable
- We support organic farming. No chemical fertilizers, no genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
- Recommended & Developed by Dr. Bob Sears, renowned pediatrician and co-author of The Baby Book
- Made by: Happy Family-always the best for baby & toddlers. A socially responsible company.
When is your baby ready for HappyBaby Puffs?
You will know that your baby is ready to try puffs when they can do the following:
- Crawl on their hands and knees, without their tummy touching the floor
- Eat thicker solids with larger pieces
- Use their jaws to mash food with gums
- Pick up food to eat on their own thumb and forefinger
The packaging also advises us parents to supervise our babies or toddlers when they eat the HappyBaby Puffs for their safety. It is also best to let them do the sitting position. For first-timers, I advise cutting a piece of the puff in half for the baby’s familiarization with the food.
Noa started eating puffs when she turned 6 1/2 months old. These days, she’s still into eating the HappyBaby Puffs and the Earth’s Best Apple and Pear Juice. My daughter did not become a huge fan of jarred baby foods but I let her try them. And by the way, she also likes eating the Healthy Times Vanilla Biscuits for Teethers. It’s really best when I freeze these first before she eats them. It’s a good teething companion for her.
I might have a trip to the Healthy Options after the Holy Week to get her more puffs and I’m excited to let her try on the Happy Bellies Munchies. Those foods would be great supports to my breastfeeding.
You can find Healthy Options in these following locations:
- Alabang Town Center Ground Level, Muntinlupa City (02) 553-2335
- Bonifacio High Street Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City (02) 856-3008
- Festival Supermall Level 2, Muntinlupa City (02) 850-4024
- Greenbelt 5 Phase 2 B1-11, Makati City (02) 729-6104
- Powerplant Mall Level R2, Makati City (02) 899-6519
- Rustan’s Makati-Rustan’s Supermarket, Makati City (02) 893-1714
- Shangri-la Plaza Level 1, Mandaluyong City (02) 635-0321
- SM City Clark Ground Level, Angeles City, Pampanga (045) 499-0041
- SM City Manila Main Building Level 2, Manila (02) 400-5636
- SM City North Edsa Main Building Lower Level, Quezon City (02) 920-9267
- SM City Pampanga Ground Floor, Lagundi, Mexico, Pampanga (045) 963-6001
- SM Mall of Asia Entertainment Mall, SM Bay City, Pasay City (02) 556-0240
- SM Megamall Building B Level 2, Mandaluyong City (02) 636-1310
- Trinoma Level M3, EDSA corner North Avenue, Quezon City (02) 943-1765
- SM City Cebu North Wing, Upper Ground Floor, Cebu City (032) 236-3395
- The Terraces Ayala Center Cebu, Level 1, Cebu City (032) 233-5510
- SM City Davao Quimpo Boulevard corner Tulip Drive, Davao City (082) 282-0399