My Musings,

Habemus Papam: The New Pope!

I was about to turn off my TV when I bumped into the ABS-CBN News Channel (ANC) when I saw the much-awaited white smoke coming out of the Sistine Chapel’s chimney of the St. Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City at exactly 7:07PM, Roman Time (2:07AM PH Time).

The newly-elected Supreme Pontiff of the Roman Catholic Church is none other than Argentina’s Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio. This 76-year-old Jesuit minister is adapting the name Pope Francis. He is said to be the first Jesuit Pope in the Roman Catholic Church history.

Photo courtesy of Alberto Pizzoli, AFP.
I’m just to happy to get the first dibs of one of the finest hours in our history. Even if I’m not a Catholic myself, I pray that the Lord will use him to be an instrument of blessing to His flocks. It feels good to wait with the rest of the world (at this ungodly hour) for Pope Francis to come out of the St. Peter’s Basilica balcony.

What do you think of Pope Francis? Share your thoughts here. πŸ™‚

06 comments

writer

Glaiza is a Filipino Home & Lifestyle Blogger, Proud Mom & Military Wife. She believes that a happy and informed family life is both a choice and responsibility. Motherhood is a blessing, and best traveled by sharing and inspiring others. β™₯

6 Comments

Terry Montemayor

Nice post, sis! πŸ™‚ I have the same prayer. I actually shared some prayer points in my post. ‘Hope you will drop by when you get the time…

GGT

Hi Sis! Sure I will drop by. πŸ™‚ I’ll include you in my blog roll, too! πŸ™‚

Rina

I pray everything will be okay. Im just freaked out about the Black Pope Prophecy πŸ™ the sudden resignation of the pope,, etc. coincidence? I hope not πŸ™

GGT

HI Rina! I haven’t read much of the Black Pope Prophecy yet but thanks for the idea. Nacurious tuloy ako what is it all about in depty. Let’s pray for the best and ask God to give us discernment and courage

rhodora dacanay

Good Morning mommy!! You really are something!!! ;)… di tuloy ako napag iiwanan dahil sa blog mo…although i dnt watch tv all the time….thanks for the info again… keep it up!!! πŸ˜‰

GGT

You’re welcome sis! I think this is worth blogging about naman. This is history right before our very eyes. I believe that parents these days should be active, well-rounded. We should know at least what happened when our kids ask. πŸ™‚