During our Christmas Eve Dinner, we prepared a very delicious dish that everyone in our family enjoyed.
Today, I will be sharing with you our home recipe in preparing Monte Cristo — a kind of sandwich that you can serve as appetizer or snack for all ages.
- 4 slices of white bread
- 4 slices of cooked ham
- 4 slices chicken breast meat (you can also use the Holiday leftover if you have)
- 2 slices of Swiss or quick melt cheese
- 2 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- ½ cup of fresh milk
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of Minola Lauric Cooking Oil for frying
- Using a spoon spread some mayonnaise and mustard on 2 slices of bread.
- Alternately place the cooked ham, Swiss / quick melt cheese and chicken slices on the bread. Set aside.
- Beat 2 eggs and mix it with milk in a small bowl. This will be the mixture to use in coating your bread.
- After coating your bread, heat and grease your pan with MINOLA LAURIC COOKING OIL over medium fire,
- Wait until your sandwich becomes brown on both sides.
- Slice diagonally before serving. This will make 4 slices of Monte Cristo Sandwich. Serve hot.
This recipe of Filipino-style Monte Cristo Sandwich is best prepared using Minola Lauric Cooking Oil because it’s made of coconut oil that is full of lauric, which helps boost the immune system of the family and helps fights bacteria and viruses.
I hope you get to try this very simple yet so delicious recipe in your very own kitchen. Remember to choose a healthy cooking partner in your daily kitchen life, and you can surely count on Minola Lauric Cooking Oil to deliver this in your dishes.
For more yummy recipes, please visit the Minola Cooking Oil online community pages: