A couple of weeks ago, Kareen of Pink Heart Strings nominated me for the Sunshine Award. Thanks so much! 🙂
What is the Sunshine Award?
I believe it was created by bloggers as a way to brighten up each other’s day, and to recognize each other’s well-done blogging work.
Rules of the award:
- Answer 11 questions with random facts about yourself asked by your nominee.
- Forward the recognition by choosing 11 other blogs and ask the bloggers 11 questions about themselves.
So, here are the questions that Kareen wants me to answer. Here are my quick answers:
1. As a mother, how do you consider blogging? Is it a job, a hobby or a past time?
- With all honesty, up to this point, I consider blogging as something in between hobby or past time. I really enjoy sharing stories, events, or any information that I deem beneficial or helpful for myself as a wife, mom, homemaker, and most especially to my readers. I won’t deny the fact that yes, blogging has brought me perks that I treat as bonuses.
2. One challenging part of being a parent is to discipline the kids. How do you discipline your kids? Can you cite one example of a situation where you tried to teach them something?
- I am the type of mom who doesn’t tolerate any unacceptable behavior of my child. I try my best to explain things to her and give warnings (usually 3) if she did something that I told her not to. I don’t spare the rod and I let her understand why I have to do it by asking her why did she think I did it. My daughter has shortcomings at times, but looking at her now, I’m proud of how me and my husband are raising her up.
3. Since you are occupied with so many Super Mom stuffs, what do you enjoy doing when your child is not around?
- I enjoy watching movies a lot or read online articles. 🙂
4. When you had kid/s, how did it affect your relationship with your husband, family and friends?
- Having a child turned my world around in a good way. Priorities change when you become a parent. All you think about each day is how you would be able to nurture and provide for their every needs. On the downside, of course, less time with friends (especially if you’re the first one to build your own family and most of them are yet still single or newlyweds). You have to consider everything before going out with them — resources wise. With my husband, our relationship became even stronger since we need to support each other as parents holistically.
5. All of us have dreams and aspirations in life. Did you achieve yours? Or was it detoured when you had a child?
- Seriously, being a wife and mom is my dream and aspiration. I couldn’t ask for more but a better life with them each day. 😉
6. Are you a shoppaholic? What certain stuffs do you always get and can’t resist to buy? Did that change when you had a children?
- I am a frugal shopaholic. I always like buying clothes for my husband and child. The only thing that changed when I became a mom is that now, I always check the price tag more closely and carefully. I used to be an impulsive buyer, but now I think I outgrew it.
7. Did you look into maintaining a good figure, wearing makeup and fashionable clothes after giving birth?
- I did not focus much into this after giving birth because I want to focus on more important things other than myself. I have gained more pounds, still wear less makeup, but with clothes, I am still pretty much the same. I’m proud to own pregnancy service stripes, aka stretchmarks, but I don’t really care about what others would say.
8. What do you usually do when your child(ren) get tantrums? Do you yield to their demands or you impose discipline?
- If my daughter throws a tantrum, I try to stay calm and assess what is it that she wants. If what she is “tantruming” about is something reasonable like food (because she’s hungry) etc., I always tell that she won’t get it unless she says it with a nice voice and no crying. I’m glad that she understands this simple mommy rule.
9. My daughter loves Lalaloopsy and we are supportive of that. But we don’t buy her every doll she wants. How do you spoil your kids while making sure that they will not get “totally spoiled”?
- When we go to any store, I always tell her that she can only get 1 thing that she wants. Just a tip, if you are not ready or planning to buy anything for her, don’t go to the mall or a store, or take her to grocery shopping in the first place. My experience with N is that when we go to a store, she’ll usually pick 3 things but I try to make sure that the check-out counter punches only 1 thing. I always win. Haha! 🙂
10. My daughter and I loves to eat ice cream a lot like everyday! What is one foodie that you and your kids love to eat together?
- We both like chicken nuggets or chocolates.
11. What are the crazy things you usually did when you were a teenager which you do not want your kids to do?
- I did not develop any super close friendship (who sticks like a brother) with a male, so I want my daughter to have barkadas who are guys, or maybe include guys in their circle. Growing up, I have male friends, but I had more girlfriends.
And now, I’m giving back the Sunshine Award to these amazing mommy blogger friends who I think are doing a very great job in the mommy blogging world. Thanks for inspiring me! 🙂
- Lilian Yeoh www.thegomom.com
- Rochelle Rivera www.rochellerivera.com
- Roxi Santiago www.mommyroxi.com
- Ginger Arboleda www.mommyginger.com
- Dewmaine Ladaga www.momsterteacher.com
- Pehpot Pineda www.pehpot.com
- Sharon Ricafort www.kikaymommysha.wordpress.com
- Serene Shikukeza www.nurses-diary.com
- Em Alcantara www.touringkitty.wordpress.com
- Monika De Veas www.momgonevain.blogspot.com
- Janice Lim www.therollercoasterride.com
Here we go with the questions:
- What do you think of my blog, www.moomymusings.com?
- What do love most about blogging? Any favorite blog post?
- What is the sweetest reward for you as a mommy blogger?
- If you are not blogging, what do you enjoy doing in your free time?
- What are the five things that you don’t leave the house without?
- Name one thing that you consider to be a mommy-must-have.
- My husband and I are movie buffs; and watching films together is our bonding moment. What activities do you enjoy doing with your partner?
- What is your ultimate guilty pleasure?
- What is the best advice did you receive when you became a mom?
- What is your parenting style? Are you a spoiler or a disciplinarian?
- Do you believe in the saying, “spare the rod, spoil a child”? What is your view of spanking?
I’m looking forward to reading your answers! Have a sunshine-y day! ♥