This post is supposed to be done tomorrow but I couldn’t keep you hanging.
Yes, I was one of the “lucky” ones from the media and family advocates who made it to the Kidzania Media Forum yesterday, March 25, 2014 at the Davao Function Room of Sofitel Philippine Plaza in Pasay City.
When I first learned that I’d be coming here, I was like, “Oh, wow! It is such an honor to sit down, listen and learn more about our country’s upcoming and much-awaited educational theme park today!” As you all know, I’ve been keen in following the recent updates and developments of this edu-tainment attraction that is to open.
Two of the panelists for Kidzania Manila’s Media Forum were child education expert and professor Dr. Maricar Gustilo-de Ocampo, and Ms. Maricel Pangilinan-Arenas, president and CEO of Play Innovations Inc., the local franchise owner of KidZania Manila.
“Kai” — A KidZania greeting; used instead of local language’s version of “hello.”
Maricel Pangilinan-Arenas: “At KidZania Manila, kids can be anything they want to be. KidZania provides a unique role-playing experience for children, encouraging their natural desire to imagine, explore and create, to thrive.”
Did you know that aside from its own currency called, “Kidzos,” Kidzania has also its own language? You better familiarize yourself with the Kidzanian words because you might encounter it a lot once it opens.
Some of the Kidzanian interesting terms are:
- Get ready for a better world! – statement made by kids to adults upon declaring their independence; continues to be used as a call to action by KidZanians.
- Kal – an expression for friend in KidZania.
- KidZania – the name of nation established by kids; means “Land of Cool Kids.”
- Zaz! – an expression of surprise; interchangeable with the expression “wow!” or local language equivalent.
- Z-U – a KidZania greeting; used instead of local language’s version of “good-bye” or “see you later.”
- ZZZZZ – the sound KidZanian’s make when there are expressing disagreement; used instead of the local language’s version of “whatever.”
Here are the fast facts that I’ve learned from the Kidzania Manila Media Forum:
- Kidzania Manila encourages 4 – 14 years old children to enjoy the whole park facilities, amenities, and attractions to the fullest. But of course this is open to ALL AGES from all walks of life.
- Special and Handicapped Children are very much welcome to visit Kidzania Manila. Kidzania Manila ensures that all their staff are trained to handle them responsibly.
- Kidzania Manila targets to open early in 2015 according to their announcement today. (The hunch I made on my previous post: Kidzania Manila To Open in Global City is somehow correct.)
- Currently, Kidzania is present in 15 countries worldwide.
Kidzania Manila ensures that the best security measures are implemented inside the theme park. Upon check-in, each parent and child need to wear a digitally-programmed matching bracelet that could only be removed in the presence of the child’s parent during check-out. So need to worry, mommies and daddies! 🙂
Kidzania Manila is being governed by their 3 important advocacies:
- Importance of Play – Kidzania believes in the power and effectiveness of guided play in making the children learn.
- Power of Story – Kidzania wants to create an avenue for children to express their stories, and listen to others’ stories in return by sharing their attention and showing sensitivity to them and their needs. This is the truest essence of community building. (I think this is in reference to a developing a child’s Emotional Intelligence or EQ).
- Urban Greening – Kidzania wants children to take care of the little pockets of green by encouraging them to grow greens in pots and taking care of the environment.
Kidzania Manila is also endorsed by the Philippines’ Department of Tourism (DOT).
The construction of Kidzania Manila is still ongoing. Check out these photos that I came across with on Instagram:
In fact, the Kidzania airplane already arrived last February 6th. This is a REAL airplane that the children could use for pilot, flight attendant simulations.
Welcome, Kidzania Manila’s DC-9 Airplane!
As for Kidzania Manila’s entrance ticket fee, we weren’t given an exact figure yet but we were assured by the panel that they are trying to study the existing theme park rates here in the Philippines today. If you still remember my previous estimated ticket pricing cost, I’d still stand by it. Ticket price will also vary according to age bracketing.
Where is Kidzania Manila located?
I’m sure they will do another Press Conference once more exciting news are available for the public to know. I promise to keep you all posted here in my blog. If you have questions, please feel free to use the comment box in case the people from Kidzania comes across this page. Who knows, you might get an answer right away from Ms. Maricel herself.
Thank you Kidzania Manila for having me at the Media Forum today! I really learned a lot and I’m very, very excited for the opening of Kidzania Manila early next year! ♥
Z-U again real soon, Kidzania Manila!
KidZania is an interactive kids’ city combining inspiration, fun and learning through realistic role play for children 4-14. Kids independently explore a kid-sized city with over 100 exciting careers. Each experience is designed to empower kids, giving them the confidence to be their best selves, and inspiration to be great global citizens.
One of the world’s most inventive, most awarded and fastest-growing kid’s edutainment concepts, KidZania has 15 locations in 12 countries as well as 13 new sites under development across the globe, including in the Philippines.
KidZania, Inc., headquartered in Mexico, was founded in 1997, opened its first park in 1999, and is privately held. For more information about KidZania, visit www.KidZania.com, follow us at facebook.com/KidZaniaOfficial, or on Twitter @KidZania.
KidZania is locally franchised by Play Innovations, Inc., a subsidiary of ABS-CBN Corporation, and is set to open at the Bonifacio Global City in 2015.