“Mr. Peabody and Sherman” Director Rob Minkoff Salutes Pinoy Animators

In a recent interview by ABS-CBN2 correspondent Don Tagala in New York where “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” junket was held, the movie’s director, Rob Minkoff praises Filipino animators whom he have worked with. Minkoff also helmed the worldwide hit “Lion King.”

mr-peabody-and-sherman-poster

“Ruben Aquino was an animator that I worked with for a long time in Disney on the Lion King – a great Filipino animator. He was one of the best animators I ever got to work with. He did adult Simba in The Lion King. He also animated Ursula in the Little Mermaid, which is a character that I designed,” shared Minkoff.

“Mr. Peabody & Sherman” is based upon the beloved characters that first appeared in in the late 1950s and early 1960s animated television series “Rocky and His Friends” and “The Bullwinkle Show,” produced by Jay Ward.

The new film updates the classic dog-and-his-boy team for contemporary audiences with state of the art CG animation and 3D, while retaining the charm of the original cartoon.

“Mr. Peabody & Sherman” is an adventure-comedy featuring science fiction, time travel, outlandish characters and clever dialogue, all of which are bound together by the unexpected relationship between the titular heroes – a dog and his boy.

“Mr. Peabody & Sherman” (available in 3D and 2D) is a DreamWorks Animation SKG presentation and a PDI/DreamWorks production, opens March 6 in Philippine cinemas nationwide from 20th Century Fox to be distributed by Warner Bros.

13 comments

1. Arra Morta says:

I sooooo love this:) The little boy is just sooooo cute:) I always use it for my emoticons in my android phone:)

2. Heng Pantia says:

Hi Glaiza,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and being one of the supermoms out there who are generously giving pieces of advice-helpful advise, opinions, reviews, that people (not just mothers) could learn a lot from! Please do not stop being an inspiration and guide of all the many mommies (like me!) out there! More power and more blogs! 😀

3. Marinela Diaz says:

Mr. Aquino is really brilliant! A Pinoy pride! 🙂 While I was reading this article, my son saw the poster above. He smiled, giggled and kept on pointing at the little boy. 🙂

4. Mars M. says:

Hello, Glaiza! I’m so glad to have found your blog while looking for parenting blogs in the Philippines. I’m a Montessori pre-school teacher and soon-to-be mom so I’m on the look out for resources. I’m particularly thankful for the post about water birth as I’ve been interested in that as well. Will definitely be coming back. Looking forward to read more from you.

Mars M.

• Glaiza | Moomy Musings says:

Hello Mars! Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog. Congratulations on your upcoming little bundle of joy! How long have you been pregnant? I’m sure you are very excited and at the same time quite nervous. That’s howI felt, too when I first became pregnant to Noa. I invite you to check my events page since there are a lot of workshops and events organized specifically to support us Filipino parents. Let me know if there’s any way I can support you in. 🙂 God bless!

5. Flor Ann B. Guarino says:

Woahh, It’s a wonderful news that We Filipino’s are also known in animation. That’s great! I’m so proud for being a Filipino.

• Glaiza | Moomy Musings says:

High five! These are the kind of stories that make us proud being Filipino! Let’s support Pinoy animators by watching what they made. Watch Mr. Peabody & Sherman because it is one nice movie, too! It’s showing tomorrow. 🙂