I’ve always, always wanted to try homeschooling Noa but I don’t know how and where to begin.
I admit, I get intimidated by my lack of knowledge to pursue homeschooling even for a year at least to see if the set-up fits us. I still have a year to ponder things out. For this reason, I am attending the Homeschooling Conference 2014 because I know it could surely help me make an informed choice for me and my daughter.
What You Should Know About Homeschooling 2014
Manila Workshops, The Learning Basket and Unilab supported by the Homeschool Association of the Philippine Islands (HAPI) are proud to present the Homeschooling Conference of 2014, entitled Educating for Life: Homeschooling with Passion, Purpose and Confidence on September 6, 2014 (Saturday). It will be held at the Bayanihan Arts and Events Center in Kapitolyo, Pasig City from 8AM for registration (program starts at 10) to 5:30PM.
Homeschooling is a lifestyle with the goal of educating our children for life and not for grades. This year, the event will be bigger and better as we have an exciting line up of speakers, who will share their knowledge and experiences in this whole-day event.The morning session will be for the keynote speech and a performance by a homeschool orchestra. The afternoon session will have all the talks, with 2 talks to choose from per time slot.
We have invited speakers that we want to learn from, as they are all experienced and passionate homeschooling parents who want to let others know about this great educational option for kids.
The speakers for the event are:
- Educating for Life – Irma Chua, our keynote speaker, is a mom of six and has been homeschooling for 20 years. Educating her eldest (26) up to her youngest (15), she says that she loves the learning process that her family experiences together.
- The Hands-On Homeschool Dad – Dennis Poliquit, known as “Big Daddy Jake” over the radio airwaves, is a hands-on homeschooling dad of two sets of twins and one singleton.
- The Confident Homeschool Mom – Moira Bunyi, mom of three going on four. She has a post-graduate degree in Family Life and Child Development and has been homeschooling for five years now.
- Learning in the Digital World – Yen Galagnara was a “housemate” at Pinoy Big Brother Season 2 back in 2007. She homeschools her three children while she runs a Korean language school.
- Introducing Filipino Arts, Culture, and Heritage – Jen Bellosillo, mom of 3 + 1, has been homeschooling for six years now. She mentors other homeschooling parents as a CFA (Catholic Filipino Academy) parent coach.
- Homeschool 101: Getting Started – Tina Rodriguez, mom of 3, lives a truly rich life as a work-at-home, homeschooling mom who advocates her faith through her blog Truly Rich Mom and through her social media presence.
- Conquering Homeschool Fatigue – Donna Pangilinan-Simpao, a medical doctor, homeschools her 3 children. Wanting to support other homeschooling families, she created the growing Facebook group Homeschoolers in the Philippines.
- Nurturing the Love of Learning – Ivy Marquez, homeschooled her three children up to high school. Missing teaching her kids and wanting to share what she learned in her years of homeschooling, she opened 360 Studio School, a school in Alabang.
The Schedule of the Event is as follows:
|8:00 a.m. onwards||Registration|
|10:15 – 10:45 a.m.||Opening Ceremony|
|10:45 – 11:30 a.m.||Keynote Speech: Educating for Life – Irma Chua|
|11:30 – 11:45 a.m.||Performance by a homeschool group|
|12:00 – 1:00 p.m.||Lunch break|
|1:00 – 1:45 p.m.||Option 1: The Hands-On Dad – Dennis PoliquitOption 2: The Confident Homeschool Mom – Moira Bunyi|
|2:00 – 2:45 p.m.||Option 1: Learning in the Digital World – Yen GalagnaraOption 2: Introducing Filipino Arts, Heritage, and Culture in Your Homeschool – Jen Bellosillo|
|3:00 – 3:45 p.m.||Option 1: Homeschooling 101: Getting Started – Tina RodriguezOption 2: Conquering Homeschool Fatigue – Donna Pangilinan-Simpao|
|4:30 – 5:00 pm.||Nurturing the Love for Learning – Ivy Marquez|
|5:00 – 5:15 p.m.||Closing remarks|
- Early Bird Rate (sign up and pay before August 15, 2014): Php 500 per participant
- Php 1000 per participant
- Php 1500 per couple (We encourage both parents to attend!)
- Php 500 per child (7 to 18 years old)
- Php 500 for PWD
To register, please visit homeschoolingconference.com or fill out the form below:
I’m giving away two (2) seats to Homeschooling Conference 2014 + Goodies from Bee Happy Crafts!
Homeschooling Conference 2014 Giveaway Mechanics:
Educating For Life Promo will run from August 4-18. One winner will be drawn and announced on August 20, 2014. The winner will be given a pack of crafting materials that contain 1 wrapping paper book, 20 pcs Assorted tags, 10 meters jute twine, 10 meters baker’s twine and 10 pcs. mini clothespins. He/She will also be given two free seats to the conference.
The prize shall be given to the winner on the day of the conference.
Join my Homeschooling Conference 2014 Giveaway!
He/She should do the following tasks to qualify:
1. Like Bee Happy Crafts Facebook page
- FB: https://www.facebook.com/BeeHappyCrafts
- Instagram: @beehappycrafts
- Twitter: BeeHapppyPh
2. Like Manila Workshop FB Page
3. Like the Learning Basket FB page
4. Leave a comment at the end of this blog post with your email address so we can get in touch with you in case you win.
I look forward to meeting you at the Homeschooling Conference 2014! Let’s learn together. ♥