Advertorial, Babies & Kids Stuff, Blog & Technology, Family & Parenting, Special Feature,

Samsung KidsTime: Fun Learning For Kids, Peace of Mind for Parents

September 26th was a day Noa and I really looked forward to because we’re finally getting to learn more about Samsung’s newest educational app for kids, KidsTime.

Being chosen to review KidsTime is truly a joy and honor for me. Having said this, I’m also fully aware of the weight of responsibility that I carry in terms of keeping myself updated not just on KidsTime itself, but more so, how to parent my child in today’s techie age.

Noa and I visited the chic Heima Store in Brixton, Pasig City to film our initial reaction about KidsTime and what an exciting day of adventure turned out to be for the two of us.

wpid-samsung-ph-kidstime-video-shoot-heima-brixton.jpg

Our Samsung KidsTime video shoot location: Heima Lifestyle Store – Brixton

What is Samsung KidsTime?

KidsTime is an app developed by Samsung Asia, which aims to create a safe haven for your little ones while giving parents peace of mind. KidsTime has over 80 apps for kids along with features like parent reporting, and no ads or in-app purchases. In terms of content, KidsTime contains a selection of child-safe and age-appropriate games and e-books in a safe and secured digital environment.

wpid-samsung-ph-kidstime-app.png

Noa has just woken up for about an hour when we arrived in Heima so she was a bit shy. I was waiting for her to loosen up and unleash her real friendly self. I started loading KidsTime to see her reaction.

Here are my observations and initial feel on the Samsung KidsTime app:

• Samsung KidsTime’s loading time is very fast. Try counting in your head as you launch the app and it would only take you less than 10 seconds.
  • You can customize your child’s KidsTime profile in your mobile device. You can enter their name, gender, age and choose their own avatar.

wpid-samsung-ph-kidstime-app-customized.png

• KidsTime will ask you to create your 4-digit Parent Pin to access and manage the Parental Control, Screen Limits and App Lock features.

wpid-samsung-kidstime-app-set-pin.png

• Before your child can enjoy the app, parents have the final say as to how long their child should use the device through the “Set your mission time” feature. Parents can set the usage time in between 5-60 minutes.

wpid-samsung-ph-kidstime-app-time-control.png

• KidsTime uses really colorful and child-appealing images in the app’s interface.

wpid-samsung-kidstime-profile.png

• I didn’t see a single advertorial popping out on the screen during the entire duration of Noa’s usage of KidsTime. I was told this was a permanent feature. Sweet!

Let me share with you Noa’s Progress Path for this week. I really find this feature on the Samsung KidsTime app very useful for me in knowing my daughter’s interests and those areas that she needs to improve on.

Looking at this report, I learned that Noa likes Reading and Language Arts, and I have to encourage her to explore more on Math and Science.

wpid-samsung-kidstime-progress-path-report.png

The app is divided into 2 main categories: Games & Books.

wpid-samsung-kidstime-ebooks-games.png

Noa’s Favorite Samsung KidsTime Game & Book

wpid-samsung-kiddtime-super-why.png

“Super WHY” – learn how to write the alphabet, its corresponding sound and how to form simple words

wpid-samsung-kidstime-day-market-book.png

“A Day in the Market” is a dual language interactive book about a little girl’s first trip to the market. You can read along with your child in either Filipino or English and have fun discovering new words together.

As a mom, I find Samsung KidsTime to be one of my parenting allies in this digital world. Through this educational app, I was able to learn more about my child – games that interests her, things that make her laugh and smile, and the books that catches her attention.

wpid-samsung-ph-kidstime-video-shoot-noa-tab-test.jpg

More importantly, it is the TIME that we spend with our KIDS is that truly matters. I sincerely believe that at this point, everything we need to know to become better parents to our kids is already made available for us. Even so, no matter how good things are, our involvement as parents in our children’s lives is still the best we can give. We must always do our best to shower them our love, guidance and wisdom as they grow up.

Spending QUALITY TIME with our KIDS is what will bring us the genuine peace of mind that we are always looking for.

wpid-samsung-ph-kidstime-video-shoot-parent-ambassador.jpg

There is no doubt that Samsung KidsTime is one of the best educational apps that we have used today. You can DOWNLOAD SAMSUNG KIDSTIME and enjoy one (1) month FREE trial of all its fun and educational contents, or visit www.samsungkidstime.com

On my next post, I will share our Samsung KidsTime video. I am very excited to see it, and I do hope it gives you more information about how this app has made me closer to my little Noa.

443 comments

writer

Glaiza is a Filipino Home & Lifestyle Blogger, Proud Mom & Military Wife. She believes that a happy and informed family life is both a choice and responsibility. Motherhood is a blessing, and best traveled by sharing and inspiring others. ♥

43 Comments

Jho Tacorda

wow, this is a nice app. I like the feature on limiting time for the kids. I am a little hesitant to expose my 1 year old to apps but maybe I’ll do it soon with this app.

Patricia | MrsC

MrC gave me a Samsung device for Christmas (yayyy!), so I will check out this app. 🙂

Reigne

Buti nalang I become on this age where technology could really help us. 🙂 This one sounds interesting.

Kumiko Mae - beauty blog Philippines

Aww super cute! Love how kids today are really so techie. I think the skills they learn at an early age can really help them embrace the digital world they’d live in!

GGT | moomymusings.com

Thanks Kumiko! I think kids these days don’t really have a choice but to keep up with the advancement of technology. Our role as parents is to guide them as we go along. 🙂 Thanks for dropping by.

nhessie a.

this app looks interesting! i’d like to start my boy own early learning and this app looks to be useful for me! 🙂 thanks for sharing!

GGT | moomymusings.com

You’re welcome, Nhessie! Let me know how it goes. I’d love to hear your story! 🙂

May De Jesus-Palacpac

Apps like these are great. It makes good use of technology for our children.

GGT | moomymusings.com

I agree! This is what making use of technology for the better. Have you downloaded it yet, May? 🙂

GGT | moomymusings.com

Thanks a lot! 🙂 Setting a limit is a very important so our kids can also experience doing other activities. I limit my daughter’s screen time to max of 1 hour every day and so far KidsTime has really been helpful to me.

Thanks Kaycee! What does your son think about Samsung KidsTime? 🙂

Meikah Ybanez-Delid

Apps like this are really very helpful. This is one example of technology helping parents, and it’s good! 🙂

GGT | moomymusings.com

Ditto Meikah! 🙂 That is why I trust Samsung KidsTime in being one of my allies in this techie world. 🙂

Earth Rullan

Oh these apps are so cool I’m gonna dowload for the daughter 🙂 thanks for sharing!

Go download it for Tasha, Earth! 🙂 I think she will love it too! 🙂

Dizkarteng Noypi

Wow!Great app for kids huh! but I don’t have kids…yet! haha.. Good that Kids are learning while having fun with playing this app.. Shared also via G+ 🙂

GGT | moomymusings.com

Haha! I’m sure you do know a kid or two. Perhaps a niece or nephew? How about a goddaughter or godson? 🙂

Janice / The Roller Coaster Ride

I’m always on the look out for great apps for kids because we use Ziggy’s tablet to teach him lots of stuff. Kids Time looks great! I love that it has both books and games. I’m downloading this asap!

GGT | moomymusings.com

Go and try it with Ziggy! Let me hear about your favorite KidsTime app from its 80 selections! 🙂

Phylicia Marie Pineda

My favorite feature is the one with the timer. It limits the gadget use and yet gives your child enough time to play around with the app. How much does it cost after the free trial ends??

Hi Phylicia! It’s only P199/month after the trial period ends. 🙂

Fred

It is hard to balance school time with tablet time! I just hope that this app can hold their attention long enough. There are just too many senseless game apps now competing for their attention.

GGT | moomymusings.com

I think that is where our role as parents comes in. We are here to guide and make sure that everything is done in moderation. As for me before I download anything, I read or play it myself at night when mu daughter is fast asleep. I think that is one of my best practices for all the apps that we have on the device.

Chel

I’m impressed! With this app parents dont need to worry that their kids are opening the wrong apps, etc. plus its very educational that it benefits both kids and the parents. Good work Samsung!

GGT | moomymusings.com

Download now Chel and see for yourself how fascinating this app is. Let me know how your experience goes. 🙂

Fernando Lachica

This is really good for children but playing such game always could ruin their studies.

GGT | moomymusings.com

I agree that too much playing could ruin their studies. But it is our job as parents to monitor and keep them being addicted to them. 🙂

ava

OMG! This is awesome! My 6 year old will surely love this new app from Samsung. 🙂 I can’t wait to show it to him when he wakes up tom!

GGT | moomymusings.com

Yay! Thanks Ava for your vote of confidence to the Samsung KidsTime app. I’m sure your son will like it. 🙂

Carmel

Your daughter is so cute!!! 🙂 I don’t have my own family yet but thanks for the recommendation. Will download this for our driver’s kid. 🙂

GGT | moomymusings.com

Thanks Carmel! I love your name! 🙂 Your driver’s kid is one lucky child. You can tell your friends with kids about it too. 🙂

Mhisha Cuyson

I’m sure that my cousins will like this app! Not just because they will enjoy themselves but also learn at the same time. 🙂

GGT | moomymusings.com

Yes, please guide them through the download and the usage itself. Please tell the parents of your cousins to drop by here for more information or if they have questions. I’d love to help out. 🙂

Josephine of My Simple Joys

This sure looks like a very nice app! I’ll definitely try this for my kids! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

GGT | moomymusings.com

Yay! Thanks Josephine! Do let me know how it goes. I hope you have an amazing family time with Samsung KidsTime. 🙂

Liz

i have yet to get a tablet to try this out… i am already planning on getting one in the next coming months for the little boy 😀

GGT | moomymusings.com

Yes please do try it out and let us know! 🙂

Kim @ Mom On Duty

KidsTime looks like a really nice app! Unfortunately, we’re an Apple family. LOL! I do hope they make an app that has all these. Ngayon kasi we’re using different apps for reading, math, games, etc.

GGT | moomymusings.com

Hi Kim! Yes please do try it! You know I was so clueless before about the other aspects that Noa needs to improve on like Social, Science and Math. Thanks to this app for letting me realize this. Go and try it today and have access to all the apps. 🙂

Chinky Magtibay

We’ve been trying to limit the screen time of my 2 1/2 year old son but there are still times that we really allow him to use the tablet (to keep him still, usually when we’re out!) So I really am in the look out for educational apps for him. Thanks for sharing this. I will look it up! 🙂

GGT | moomymusings.com

Hi Chinky! I agree with you on setting a screen-time limit for our lil ones. Whay I like os that Samsung KidsTime understands this need for a disciplined and responsible usage of electronic devices. Feel free to share your comments and about your experience ith us! 🙂

Paulline @ milastolemyheart

I’m using Samsung Tab 4 and I’m love the Kids Mode. I think I’m gonna love Kids Time more. Will download the trial now. Thanks and congrats!

GGT | moomymusings.com

Thanks a lot Paulline! Please feel free to visit the links above so you too can enjoy the Samsung KidsTime with your lil one. I also like the Kids Mode on my S4. 🙂