Not so long ago, Asus Philippines formally welcomed the Asus Zenfone 2 in the Philippine gadget market. I was one of the really lucky ones who witnessed this momentous occasion for Asus and its partner brands like Intel at the World Trade Center, Pasay City.
To tell you straight, this is the first time I am breaking out of my usual mobile phone brand to accept the challenge of seeing something that I might have failed to see all this time. I will save the nitty-gritty of the specs to those who are good at it since I want to write something that can be understood from a mommy perspective.
First stop. Let’s unbox my spanking new red Asus Zenfone 2.
• Instruction Manual & Warranty Card
• Headset with spare silicone earplugs
• USB Charger and Socket
• Asus Zenfone 2 32GB Unit
For the benefit of the remaining techie ones who want to learn more about the Asus Zenfone 2 specs, here it is:
[table id=3 /]
[table id=4 /]
I’m not a very hard person to please when it comes to mobile phones. Being a blogger and a mom who loves documenting mostly everything about my family’s life and the events I cover, I must say that the Asus Zenfone has the best camera that I held since I started using a camera phone!
Here’s the things I love about Asus Zenfone 2:
- Performance — I’ve been using the Asus Zenfone 2 for more than 2 weeks now and I must say that I’ve never experienced any lagging, slowing down or screen-freezing! This is because of its Super Quadcore Intel Atom processor. I play Clash of Clans and Criminal Case on my phone aside from managing my social media pages and I must say that it’s a great multi-tasking phone.
- Fast-Charging — I also love the fact that it charges really fast! The Asus Zenfone 2 has an exclusive Asus Boostmaster Technology that allows us to charge the phone at double the speed. The boostmaster, the battery can charge as much as 60% in less than 40 minutes!
- Surfing Fast Internet — In this wired age, a fast and reliable internet connection is a plus for any mobile phone to have. The Asus Zenfone 2 has 4G LTE-A, which offers faster and higher Internet data rates. Not to mention that it is also equipped with 802.11ac (simply spells as SUPER FAST Wi-Fi).
- Dual Active SIM — Why bring two phones carrying two different providers if you can have them both in just one phone? In Zenfone 2, both SIMs are active at all times. So even if you are talking on the phone with someone using SIM 1, you can still receive messages on SIM 2 at the same time.
- It’s all about the CAMERA — The Asus Zenfone 2 has 13MP main camera and 5MP front camera. I figured out that I should bolster this point by providing sample shots using the phone. In my recent trip to Ilocos, I took a lot of photos using both cameras and I will share them with you on the second part of my featured post about the Asus Zenfone 2.
Asus Zenfone 2 Sample Camera Shot: Ilocos Bangui Windmills. Note that I am a bit far when I took this shot or else I won’t capture the whole image of the gigantic windmills in my photo!
What do you think of the new Asus Zenfone 2? Share your thoughts or questions below! For more information, please like Asus Philippines on Facebook. ♥