Bosch unveiled its latest built-in cooking series at WOFEX 2015. The new Bosch Series 8 Oven, which was granted the 2015 German Design Award, features 21 new technologies that will make hosting your next dinner party a breeze. With its intuitive and sophisticated sensors, a kitchen novice or even a seasoned cook will be able to serve up a lavish spread with guaranteed perfect results. It will take the guesswork out of creating delectable dishes, with minimal effort needed.
The result of years of dedicated research and development by 130 engineers, as well as feedback from over 7,000 customers, the Bosch Series 8 range will definitely suit the cooking needs of everyone. Microwaving, steaming, roasting and baking are now achievable in one oven. And specially flown from Singapore for the launch of this remarkable cooking range is Chef Jean-Charles Dubois from the famed Balzac Brasserie and Bar in Singapore who will demonstrate the unique functions and ability of Series 8. His delightful culinary repertoire will be created using the multitude of Bosch appliances.
Chef Jean-Charles Dubois from Balzac Brasserie and Bar in Singapore
The Bosch Oven 8 Series Media Launch was also joined by Chef Jill Sandique who shared how to make perfect savory dishes and delectable desserts using the all-new Series 8 oven.
Chef Jill Sandique
Features of the Bosch Series 8 Oven
No matter how complicated a recipe may look, with the Series 8 ovens it will be a piece of cake. These cutting-edge ovens constantly monitor the progress of your cooking and automatically regulate temperature and length of time. Whether you’re preparing poultry, meat, fish, baked goods or desserts, your favorite dishes are always cooked to perfection – and it couldn’t be easier. Now you have a master chef to help you in the kitchen: your oven.
• Additional “Senses”
Often, home-cooks and professional chefs rely on their senses to gauge when a dish is done to their preferences. With the Bosch Series 8 Ovens, there is no longer a need to resort to tactile practices to achieve perfect cooking results. Equipped with highly-sophisticated sensors, the ovens will automatically make the necessary adjustments.
• 4D Hot Air
Bosch’s exclusive and newly-developed 4D hot air technology ensures even heat distribution for well-balanced cooking results. The consistent heating is delivered by a symmetric, alternating fan – driven by the efficient EcoSilence Drive motor. There is no longer a need to guess the appropriate shelf level on which to place a dish. Cooking trays can now be placed on any of the oven’s four baking and roasting levels and the best results will still prevail – even when you bake and roast on all four levels simultaneously.
• Steam-baking and Microwaving
A product of German ingenuity, Bosch has integrated 4D hot air technology with a new steam injection function. Meat dishes roasted with hot air and steam become crispy on the outside and succulent on the inside. Baking in combination with steam is also great for making shiny breadcrusts. The Bosch Series 8 Ovens can also be used to steam vegetables and fish in the traditional way. The integrated microwave feature can also reduce cooking time of dishes by up to 50 percent, should food not be cooked quick enough.
• The Ideal Bake
Imagine perfectly-risen sponge cakes, muffins, cupcakes, and breads. With the fuss-free PerfectBake sensor, moisture levels are regulated in the oven cavity for an even bake. Upon selecting the desired bake-type, the oven automatically sets the ideal heating mode, temperature, and duration. Underbaked or burnt cakes will now be a thing of the past.
• The Ideal Roast
The new PerfectRoast meat probe, a device that measures the core temperature of meats, is ideal for preparing meat, poultry and fish. The device gives you an exact sense of the doneness of a roast at three different points. Its high level of accuracy promises perfect roasting outcomes.
Now, speaking of roast, let me share with you a mouth-watering dish that will surely find its way to the heart and tummy of your family.
Bacon Roast Chicken Recipe
- 1 (1.5 – 1.8kg) whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100 g unsalted butter,
- 600 g slices of thick-cut
- 1 egg, beaten
- Disposable gloves
- Oven-safe gloves
- Knife and cutting board
- Measuring spoon
- Coating brush
- Weighing scale
- Circle / oval casserole dish without lid / cover
- Aluminum foil
- Mix the thyme, oregano, brown sugar, cumin, salt, paprika, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Separate half the spice mixture to 2 bowls.
- Stir the minced garlic and softened butter into the mix in one of the bowls.
- Turn the chicken breast-side up. The chicken wing tip should be facing upwards.
- Loosen the skin of the chicken over the breast, back, and thighs to rub the spice mixture containing garlic and butter underneath.
- Rub the dry spice mixture over the outside of the chicken and sprinkle some in the cavity.
- Place the crushed garlic cloves into the cavity.Arrange the bacon strips over the chicken.
- Place the marinated chicken on an uncovered circular / oval glass casserole dish.
- Coat the chicken with the beaten egg.
- Insert the meat probe as far as it will go into the breast fillet at the shoulder from wing to wing.
- Cover the chicken with an aluminum foil then place the casserole dish on a wire rack and insert it into oven’s
shelf level 2.
- Connect the meat probe’s plug into the socket.
- On the oven, press Menu → Assist → Poultry → Chicken → Chicken, unstuffed.
- Set the external temperature to 200°C and core temperature to 90°C and press Start.
- When cooking is complete, take the chicken out of the oven. Let it cool down for 10 minutes before removing the aluminum foil.
True to Bosch’s iconic user-interface design, the Series 8 Ovens are precisely-contoured with full metal surfaces, and built with a high-resolution and interactive display. All the ovens are embellished with glass touch buttons, embossed icon buttons and brushed stainless steel integrated control rings.
The Bosch Series 8 Ovens, with different models to suit everyone, will be available through Hafele Philippines Inc. and selected Hafele partners end August 2015.