The very moment I heard of and took hold of the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser, the instant question of a current Zenfone user like me is: “How is the Asus Zenfone 2 different from the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser?” If you also find yourself asking the same question as me, I invite you to read on. I hope I’d be able to answer this by the end of this post without making your nose bleed with techie stuff. I will leave that intricate work to the real tech experts.
Unboxing my spanking Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
The Asus Zenfone 2 Laser comes with a USB cord, power charger, headset
Before I proceed and tell you about the noticeable differences of the two Asus Zenfone 2, let me give you some fast facts of the Laser model.
Asus Zenfone 2 ZE500KL Laser Fast Facts
- Design, Style & Built — The Asus Zenfone 2 Laser is not only thin but also the has best grip because of its itsergonomic design. Its back is curved and the edge is thin, measuring only 3.9mm. My favorite feature so far in terms of its style is the metallic finish back cover. When your mobile phone has this kind of finish, it doesn’t slip right away from your hands or in any surface. Its total weight is 140grams.
- Crisp, Vibrant Display — The Zenfone 2 Laser features the 5.0-inch HD (720x1280p) IPS display and Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
- Camera Feature –8 megapixels back camera and 5 megapixels front camera for selfies. It also has the 0.03 second infrared Laser Auto Focus, which means 2x faster focus whenever you are taking photos.
- Faster Response and Performance — The Asus Zenfone 2 Laser comes with 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 cortex A53 MSM8916 quad core processor, 2GB RAM, and internal storage available in 8GB and 16GB. It can support up to 128GB of MicroSD card.
- Market Suggested Retail Price — The Zenfone 2 Laser is priced at Php7,295.
The Difference: Asus Zenfone 2 & Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
There are (3) noticeable differences I spotted as I unbox the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser.
- The Asus Zenfone 2 Laser is slightly smaller in length compared to the Asus Zenfone 2. I am currently using the Asus Zenfone 2 (Red). I also found Laser a bit lighter than its predecessor.
The Asus Zenfone 2 Laser is smaller in length compared to the Asus Zenfone 2
2. The Asus Zenfone Laser 2 has a detachable battery, which allows you to replace it in the future.
The Asus Zenfone 2 Laser has a detachable battery
3. The Asus Zenfone 2 Laser has Kids Mode.
Remember the title of this post? In my view as a mother, I find this feature very useful because times really come that our children want to borrow our mobile phone. We have no way to monitor what apps they open, or links they click as they browse the internet. Also the nice thing about Kids Mode feature is we can also control the device usage time of our children. They have no way to alter this because the mode is PIN protected.
Here are the actual screenshots of my Zenfone 2 Laser as I set up the Kids Mode. This feature is something I don’t have in my Asus Zenfone 2.
As a mom, I also love the fact that Asus put a countdown timer on the uppermost right corner of the Zenfone 2 Laser screen. Through this, we can easily monitor how much time is left before they return our phone. This also encourages discipline in our kids’ screen time.
Once the set time is up, the screen will display a message.
Here are also some of the photos I took using the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser:
Depth of Field
Overall, as an Asus Zenfone user even before the Zenfone Laser 2 came along, I am very satisfied with its performance. It was able to blend well with my busy lifestyle — running a home, raising a toddler and managing a blog. It has organized and added fun in my life in various ways through its available built-in widgets like the calendar, FM radio, calculator, flashlight, map, memo pad, and a floating to-do list! To make things better, it has now the Kids Mode so I need not worry that Noa will be navigating my mobile phone and mess things up (accidental deleting, etc.).
In mom’s view, the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser is so much worth it for its competitive price of only Php7,295. It has all the essential things I need, a decent and performing camera to take snapshots of my kid in action, home and blogging organization tools as I listen to my music playlist or FM radio tuned in at 96.3, without breaking the bank.
Me on an Asus Zenfone 2 Laser Selfie Mode
In a snap, how is the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser different from the Zenfone 2? Just say, it’s smaller, lighter, has a detachable battery, and of course, it has Kids Mode! It’s the perfect phone for practical moms because you don’t need to shell out a lot to get a well-performing mobile phone! Thanks Asus Philippines for the opportunity to review the Zenfone 2 Laser! I am still in love with the Zenfone series. ♥