We’ve always considered Discovery Suites as our second home in the metro. This hotel located at the heart of the busy Ortigas has been a witness to many milestones in my life.
Seven years ago, this was the same hotel I stayed at during my wedding preparations. My eldest Noa has also attended their various holiday activities whenever it’s Halloween or Easter. She has always loved Discovery Suites. She grew up knowing Discovery Suites. No wonder why she chose a staycation there for her sixth birthday present.
This time around, it is another family milestone because we are bringing the fourth member of our growing family. The youngest in our troop, Missy, our nine-month-old baby.
Prior to our check-in, I already had a slight idea that Discovery Suites has a baby-friendly setup. However, I wanted to see for myself the available amenities they have that would make families with young member’s stay even memorable and comfortable. For this, I was glad to see that they have partnered with some of my favorite brands: Philips Avent, Aprica and VMV Hypoallergenics.
As soon as we get to our room, I instantly noticed th kitchen equipped with a Philips Avent 3-in-1 Steam Sterilizer and a Bottle Warmer. There was also VMV Hypoallergenics’ baby skincare line called Grandma Minnie’s Oil’s Well and an Anti-bug Gel! In the living room, there was an Aprica crib dressed up with complete baby beddings. It was a joy for a mom like me to see a baby-friendly hotel!
When you think the fun’s over for the little guests, wait till you visit The Romp Room–Discovery Suites play area located at the 5th floor. We went in there after our first breakfast at Restaurant 5.
When this effort exerted by Discovery Suites and its partner brands is very much appreciated by moms like me, I’d like to give some of my suggestions that they could consider to make this setup even better.
Some Baby-friendly Stay Recommendations
1. For a breastfeeding mom who also co-sleeps with the baby, I’d be glad if they have an option between a crib/playpen and a co-sleeper. Missy only used the provided crib during the day. She slept with us in the bed the entire stay. I’d love to have a co-sleeper.
2. When we’re having family meals or snacks in the room, I wished we had a high chair or a booster seat. I’m sure Aprica has this in their products. There might be one available if only I called the operator to ask. Anyway since it is considered a baby-friendly setup, maybe I was already expecting a high chair to be within reach since they have already placed a crib there.
3. During bath time, we were able to work around the big tub since Missy is already a bit bigger. I just thought what if she’s smaller, below 6 months-old? Perhaps even as young as a newborn? A bath support for babies would really be awesome addition.
4. It would also be awesome to have baby/kid-friendly feeding items like plate, bowl and cutleries. Perhaps a baby-friendly menu, too? The available ones in the room are chinas that are big and heavy for little children. You wouldn’t want to pay more when your kids break one, would you? Maybe Philips Avent can consider this suggestion too since thy have a fanstastic mealtime set, straw and drinking cups.
5. Nevertheless, it was great to see how Discovery Suites value their family guests because of the baby-friendly setup. I know that they are working on how to improve this offering and I’d be glad to hear it really soon.
Special thanks to Discovery Suites for welcoming our family in your hotel. We really had a great time with Missy. We will surely be back to stay with you again one of these days! ❤️